Review: Forget Me Not

Book Review: Forget Me Not, by Terri Molina


Thirteen murders. Six years. One connection. Romance novelist Casey Martinez thought changing her name would help her escape the pain of her past but when she receives photographs of a grisly murder, it becomes evident that a killer is stalking her. Over the past six years, women who share an eerie similarity to Casey have been found raped and mutilated—each with the remains of Casey’s book by their side. Haunted by the death of her mother twenty five years earlier, Casey reluctantly seeks refuge in the town she swore she would never return to—Rosehill, Texas. Detective Scott Weller is assigned to protect Casey, and it's no easy job dealing with the stubborn, independent woman who wants nothing to do with him. But living in such close quarters leads to temptation neither can resist. When Casey is attacked during a break-in, evidence points to a second stalker. And with the gruesome discovery of another body, it becomes a race against time to find the real killer before Casey becomes the next victim.

Genre: romantic suspense

Publishing date: January 2012

Mature content: yes

Review: I've had this book on my reading list for a long time. It was one of the last paper books I bought before going all-digital, and somehow I forgot about it at the bottom of the to-be-read pile. 

From the suspense point of view, it's a rather good plot. Initially, I thought that it was fairly predictable, that I had it all figured out, but in the end the author managed to introduce some interesting twists. 

The rest of the story? Not so good. First, Casey behaves like a spoiled brat 99% of the time. She treats Scott like dirt right from the beginning and she's borderline rude - no, scratch that - she is rude - on lots of occasions. I never could understand what Scott saw in her other than some faint physical attraction. So their love story did not convince me at all. And then there are lots of contradicting details. For example, Casey hasn't seen her family in years, practically since her brother got married and, at the beginning of the book, seems intent to forget she even has a hometown. But when she gets to Rosehill, she's so familiar with her brother and sister in law, as if she saw them every other weekend... All those minor little things added up to a point I couldn't get past them. 


So, while Forget Me Not is not overall bad, it's a read-if-you-have-time kind of book. Nothing to shy away from in disgust, but nothing to wow you either.

Happy Tuesday,

the book worm, book blog

Comments

  1. Hi Teresa, for some reason I never saw this review until now (of if I did I'm sorry I didn't reply...bad on me). Thank you for taking the time to read my novel, Forget Me Not, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. But understandable, some people "get" Casey and some don't. =) I have a couple of other romantic suspense novels out I would love to see your review for. If you're still looking for books to review. You can find them at my Amazon page https://www.amazon.com/Terri-Molina/e/B004S2VMV2 Looking forward to hearing from you.
    best,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment