Review: Flash of Fury

Book Review: Flash of Fury, by Lea Griffith



Kingston McNally lost men when someone betrayed his team, and now he's out for retribution. His quest for the enemy's courier leads him to Cameroon and Allie Redding, a petite Peace Corps volunteer as stubborn as she is brave. Their attraction is immediate, but Allie has secrets of her own...and she's not giving them up easily.
Allie's life has been spent hiding in plain sight, but she's had enough of her cloak-and-dagger existence. On her way home, her plane is hijacked-and King saves her life. But that doesn't mean she owes him anything...even if he is the most damnably sexy man she's ever laid eyes on. He's got black ops and secrets written all over him, and trust is a two-way street.




Genre: romantic suspense

Publishing date: March 2017

 
Mature content: yes

Review: Flash of Fury was my first book by Lea Griffith and I picked it up because I do favor romantic suspense and this one had raving reviews on Amazon. Sadly, I think this book is just not for me. it started out OK, but quickly went downhill and despite the fast paced plot I practically lost interest.


What I liked: the hot romance story (even though the instant-lust thing is a bit over the top), the constant banter between King and Allie and the action scenes. 

What I didn't like: after a great beginning, the plot complicates so much it's hard to keep track. While reading I got the distinct feeling Flash of Fury was part of a series and I had missed the first installments, but searching online I couldn't find any other Endgame Ops books. But bottom line, I couldn't grasp the objective of Endgame's existence, couldn't keep track of all the people involved and their roles and couldn't quite understand how everything fits in with one really nasty terrorist group and the CIA. And since all of this accounts for about 80% of the plot, most of the book was lost to me.   


Which, again, is really sad, because it's well written and there were some parts I did love. Maybe in the future I'll pick up another of Lea Griffith's books to see if I can enjoy it a bit more, but for now I'm thinking of taking a break.


Happy readings, 

the book worm, book blog




Comments